How Can I Get To Heaven? - Bible References -
Are you a good person – good enough to get to heaven? Many people would answer “yes.”
So who needs a Savior?
The answer is "We all do" because we were all born with a sin nature that makes us unfit for heaven.
Now let’s think about "heaven" for a moment and what we know about it.
If this is God’s dwelling place and God is holy (exalted or worthy of complete devotion as one "perfect
in goodness and righteousness"), then we should be able to understand that no sin can reside there.
Now let's think about ourselves for a moment ... our thoughts, our actions, what we say, how we go through
life each day, how we treat others around us, at home, at work, etc ... need I go on? If we are truly
honest with ourselves it should be plain to see that, (as sinners) in our present state, none of us can
rightfully say we deserve to be in heaven.
So if being a sinner separates us from God, what can we do?
The first step is recognizing that we are sinners and that on our own we don’t have the power to stop
sinning. That’s why God sent His Son, Jesus, to be our Savior, so that through his sacrifice on the
cross, we could be reunited with God and live eternally in heaven with Him.
This is His gift to us! Isn’t God’s love awesome?
But in order to receive this gift you must believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died, was buried,
and rose from the dead so that we could be saved and forgiven of our sins.
So who can go to heaven? Those who have asked for forgiveness of their sins and believe in Jesus as their one and only Savior!
Accept God’s gift of love – forgiveness for your sins and salvation through His Son Jesus Christ –
You can do it right now. The following simple prayer can change your life forever ...
1 Cor. 6:9-10, 2 Tim. 3:2-5
(list of sins)
Scriptures about sin & salvation:
- For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have eternal life. John 3:16
- If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Rom. 10:9
- For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God. Rom. 3:23
- For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord. Rom. 6:23
- For "whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved." Rom. 10:13